Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Christmas Decoupage Platter


One of my all time favorite projects I've ever done was this Christmas platter. I wish you could see it up close, because my entire family is on there. My mom and dad are there in the foreground and the kids, grands, brothers, aunts and uncles are all behind them. It's done in reverse. In other words, I glued it all from behind in layers on a clear platter. So first I made photo copies of everyone and cut them out. Then I glued mom and dad face down on the back of the platter. Next I glued my family around them. I cut out snowflakes and glued those around the edges. Last, I glued Christmas wrapping paper over the entire back of the platter. This is one of those things I'll keep forever.

Now it's to bed with me. I'm feeling kinda queeeeezie, after a big yummy dinner with Scott tonight. We had fabulous fish and sweet potatoes with curry. Yummm-o as Rachael Ray would say. But, maybe it's a case of nerves since I've got a speaking engagement with the Ventura County Garden Club at their Christmas luncheon tomorrow. I made 50 goodie bags for them! In their bags they will find a cute little craft with all the pieces to make a magnet that says CREATE! I'll be sure and take some pics to show you all tomorrow. I'm going to take a big gulp of pepto and call it a night.

No comments: