Monday, December 17, 2007

Comfort Pillows



















With all this winter weather, sore shoulders, and holiday headaches, a comfort pillow is a nice thing to have around. I made this one for my segment tomorrow on CBS Six in the Morning. You'll be able to watch at around 8:25 a.m. when they show me sewing these up for Christmas gifts. I found the cutest pin-up girl fabrics to give to the guys in my family. They are filled with FEED corn (not popcorn) because I simply love the smell. It brings back memories of my gramma Harris in Dewey, Oklahoma when I was a little girl. Every time I spent the night with her, she would pop a huge dishpan full of popcorn while we watched TV before bedtime. I think of her every time I warm up my corn pillow in the microwave. It only takes 2 or 3 minutes, and then it rests on my shoulders while I sit at the computer. The moist heat, memories and aroma makes life goooood.

No comments: